Times Record, Inc., is committed to providing quality print and digital newspaper subscription solutions to our customers. We want our customers to be delighted with the products and services that we provide and as such we offer the following policy concerning cancellations & refunds . . .
Cancellations & Refunds (Digital and Print Subscriptions)
Digital and Print subscriptions both include a standard refund policy for the unused portion thereof, less a $5.00 processing fee, using our standard method of calculation.
How we calculate your refund (Digital and Print Subscriptions)
- We determine how many full weeks your product or service has been provided to you by us, this is known as your earned term.
- We subtract your earned term from your original term at the time of purchase to give us what is known as your unearned term.
- We divide your original purchase price by the original term to give us a rate.
- We multiply the rate by your unearned term.
- We subtract the $5.00 processing fee from step 4 to arrive at a refundable amount.
For example, if you purchased a print or digital subscription on January 1, 2018 for 12 months, at a price of $40.00 and for whatever reason you no longer desire that product or service. If you contact us by an approved method on March 1, 2018 with a request for cancellation & refund, beginning that day, and we verify you as a valid & current subscriber, you would be entitled to a credit back to your original method of payment in the amount of $28.11 - see calculation sample below.
Example provided is for illustration purposes only.
- Standard processing fee = $5.00
- Earned term = 9 (January 1, 2018 thru March 1, 2018 = 9 weeks) always rounded up to a full week
- Original term = 52 (12 months)
- Unearned term = 43 (original term 52) - (earned term 9)
- Original purchase price = $40.00
- Rate = 0.77 (original purchase price $40.00) \ (original term 52)
- Refund = $28.11 (unearned term 43) x (0.97 rate) - $5.00 standard processing fee
Refund Times (Digital and Print Subscriptions)
Please allow up to 10 business days for your refund to be posted back to your original method of payment before contacting us. We normally process your refund immediately after you are verified as a valid & current subscriber and your refund amount has been calculated. Your issuing bank may have longer time frames for posting refunds back to your account despite the fact we have processed the refund. You should receive a confirmation e-mail from us as soon as we process the refund.